When performing any quantitative test for varroa mites, make sure to use the bees found on the brood frames as they are likely to have the highest level of varroa mites in the colony.
- Beam's Bees Apiary
- About Our Family
- Hives for Heroes Information
- Guidelines For Newbee's
- Important Ordering Information for 2018 Nucs
- 2018 NUC STORE - ORDER HERE
- Sugar Roll Test for Varroa Mites - VERY Important!
How Can You Help Honeybees and Other Native Pollinators
- How Can You Help Honeybees and Other Pollinators?
- What You Can Do
- Planting Bee Friendly Plants
- Other Things You Can Do
Other Useful Honeybee Information
- Current Topics Of Interest For Beekeepers
- Honeybee Photo Gallery
- Woodware Information
- Contact Us
on Worker Bee
Image found on the USDA
Agricultural Research Site
If you see the mite,
it may already be too late!
A sugar roll, quantitative test, should be performed at least once a month during the warmer months.